Saturday, December 10, 2011

Winning Israel's First Skeleton Medal

I am proud to let all of you know that Israel now has a Skeleton medal to her credit.

In every Skeleton competition except for the Olympic Games, medals are given out to the top 6 finishers.  In the last America's Cup race, held in Lake Placid, I finished 5th.  This won Israel her first Skeleton medal at any level, adding that accomplishment to the recent World Championship appearance.  It is and exciting time for the IBSF, and the whole team couldn't be happier.

It's a really great feeling to know that you won the first medal for an entire nation.  I am immensely proud for myself, Israel, and everyone who has been working so hard behind the scenes to make this a reality.  With this medal under the team's belt, the sky is the limit.  Things just keep getting better for us, and we all can't wait to see what is going to come next.  

The ultimate goal, of course, is Sochi in 2014 and a strong, winning, Israeli Bobsled/Skeleton federation for the future.  This is just one more step in that direction.  Also, the World Championships are in Lake Placid this year, and I'm sure this is just a preview of what the team can do.  In the future, everything will just keep getting bigger, and better.  The Israeli Bobsled and Skeleton Federation is doing great things, and as of this race, the world is officially on notice.

Next, it is time to go and train hard, hard, hard.  I'm here in Lake Placid for the rest of December.  In January however, I'm hopeful to go to Whistler, the sight of the 2010 Winter Olympics.  The track in Whistler is fast and difficult, but I'm sure the team will be up to the challenge.  Spending time there will be great as I'm told it's a beautiful town and I can't wait to see it!  

All that will have to wait though, for now.  It's going to be a few weeks of training here in NY and of course, I take one day at a time.  I'm sure though that more and more days will be bring more and more Israeli medals.  

I can't wait.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brad! Im excited for you and team Israel. That will be the first of several medals for you and your team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bradley. You have always been a fine and fascinating person. Was just surfing and found all these articles featuring you. So proud of you. Hope for your continued success. Cousin Jesse

    ReplyDelete